Scope of Application
Information We Collect and How We Use Your Information
There are three general categories of information we collect: (1) Information you give to us; (2) Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site or the App; (3) Information we collect from third parties.We use your information in several different ways. What we do with your information depends on when we collect it and what we collect.Information you give to us
- Your name and contact details (such as your email address, mailing address, phone number, and password)
- Additional profile information (such as date of birth, gender, location, and preferred language)
- Your payment information (such as your credit/debit card number, security/CVV code, and expiration date)
- Your financing information (such as social security number, date of birth, and income)
- Your communications and contact history with us (such as service call recordings, chat and instant messages, or communications with our social media channels)
- Other information (such as product reviews, forum posts, survey responses, participation in promotions, and other user-generated content)
|How we use information you give to us||Why we collect it|
|Registration||We need your name and contact details to create your account. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of certain services and offerings on the Site and the App, and to fulfill our contract with you when you place an order.|
|Accept payment, fulfill orders, provide refunds||We use your name and contact details to fulfill our contract with you and deliver your orders, and we use your payment information to process payments and comply with applicable law.|
|Application for financing solutions offered by financing providers||We collect your financing information on behalf of the financing provider you choose and send the information to that financing provider to facilitate your application to financing products.|
|Sending you account information||We need your name and contact details to deliver important account information to you, such as order confirmations and notices, changes to account settings, and notices about the Site, the App, or the terms and policies that apply to them.|
|To offer an improved user experience||We use your communications and contact history with us, as well as other information such as additional profile information, to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Site and the App and to personalize and customize your experience.|
|Analytics, training and quality assurance||We may use information you provide to us to train our staff, improve our services and offerings, and perform other internal analytics and performance monitoring.|
|Communication, marketing and advertising||We may use information you provide to us to deliver and personalize our communications with you, or to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities.|
Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site or the App
- Purchase history and saved items (such as what you bought and what you’ve placed in your cart or saved)
- Log data and device information (such as details about how you’ve used the Site or the App, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, location data and page/product views or clicks)
- Geo-location information (such as IP address, browser information or mobile GPS information)
|How we use information we automatically collect||Why we collect it|
|To provide customer service and process returns||We use your saved products to help you make a purchase, and we use your purchase history to uphold our contract with you and ensure that you’ve had a great customer experience.|
|To offer an improved user experience||We use your log data and device information to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Site and the App and to personalize and customize your experience.|
|To create and maintain a secure environment||We use automatically collected information to comply with applicable law and to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you.|
|Analytics, training and quality assurance||We may use automatically collected information to train our staff, perform internal analytics, detect and prevent fraud and improve our services and offerings.|
|Communication, marketing and advertising||We may use automatically collected information such as cookies and similar technologies to provide the most relevant advertising to you.|
Information we collect from third parties, including third party services (for example if you link, connect, or login to the Site or the App with your Google, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts) or other sources (such as your contacts or brands we partner with)
- Your name and contact details (such as your email address, mailing address, phone number and password)
- Social media handles (such as your Twitter or Instagram handle)
- Other information (such as demographic data, fraud detection information and information about you and your activities, experiences and interactions on and off the Site and the App)
|How we use information from third parties||Why we collect it|
|Registration and profile||We will use information from third party services if you register with us using another service, such as Facebook or Google, including Google’s one-tap login service. Connecting to third-party applications or services is optional. If you create your account by connecting through another service, we will collect public information from that connected account to help complete your profile.|
|Communication, marketing and advertising||We may use information we collect or receive from third parties to deliver and personalize our communications with you, or to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities.|
|Non-member referrals||We may obtain your information from a friend or other contact who wants to invite you to use the Site or App. We will use your information to facilitate your invitation and administer our referral program.|
|To create and maintain a secure environment||We may obtain your information from third party service providers and/or partners (e.g. identity verification services) and combine it with information we have about you for fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts.|
When We Share Your Information
We share your information with the following categories of recipients as an essential part of being able to provide the Site, the App, the Service and related services and offerings, including customer service, to you:
- Wayfair Inc. subsidiaries and affiliates. Wayfair subsidiaries include CastleGate Logistics Inc. and SK Retail, Inc.
- Companies and individuals that help us deliver our products to you, such as suppliers, payment service providers, logistics professionals, and delivery and freight companies.
- Professional service providers who help us run our business, such as marketing companies, software vendors, consultants, and advertising partners.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us) and payment processors or financing providers and card issuing banks if you choose to use their services or offerings.
If you chose to apply for a financing product offered by a financing provider, we collect some of your financing information on behalf of that provider. Once you have completed the application form, we send the data to the financing provider and delete it immediately from our systems, except for information we need to keep in order to provide services to you. We will not use your financing information for any other purpose.
- Functionality cookies, which allow you to navigate the site and use our features.
- Analytics cookies, which allow us to measure, analyze and understand how our customers use the Site and to identify ways to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us evaluate your use of the Site, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage. To learn how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit: “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
- Customer preference cookies, which help us remember your preferences (like your language or location) and make your experience more personalized to you.
We also use web beacons to help us identify your computer and evaluate user behavior, such as reactions to promotions. Web beacons are small GIF files that can be embedded in other graphics, emails, or similar. To prevent web beacons on our site, you can use tools such as AdBlock Plus. To prevent web beacons in emails, please set your mail program so that no HTML is displayed in messages.